Are You We When These A They Walk-in showers are usually very spacious, and are popular for their modern, contemporary look.
What are the pros and cons of choosing a walk-in shower?
Pros of a walk-in shower
– they’re great for people with mobility issues or mobility aids (such as wheelchairs) and for the elderly
– they’re found in many contemporary, modern bathroom designs and create a high comfort, luxury feel
– they can be customised to fit lots of bathroom layouts, sizes and styles
- Safe – they’re good at incorporating safety features like hand rails, non-slip floors and shower seats
- Spacious – they’re great at creating an open, spacious showering experience as there are no glass panels or shower screens that can make you feel closed in
- Cons of a walk-in showerMore complex installation
- – walk-in showers are usually more complex and time consuming to install, and can sometimes be more expensive to have built, depending on your choice of design and customisationWater leaks
- – it’s harder to contain water flooding in walk-in showers, so you need to ensure you have good drainage installedNot space friendly
– walk-in showers tend to need more space than step-in showers, making them less compatible with smaller bathrooms
- What are the pros and cons of choosing a step in shower?Pros of a step in shower
- Space-efficient – step in showers work a lot better for a range of bathroom sizes, making them more practical for smaller bathrooms
- Contain water better – unlike walk-in showers, step in showers are less likely to cause leaks or mess as they have a raised threshold and panels that keeps water from splashing out
– step in showers tend to be less expensive to install
- Cons of a step in showerHarder to keep clean
- – step in showers are harder to maintain than walk-in showersLess spacious
- – step ins are more confiningLess accessible
– Step in showers are more difficult to use if you have mobility problems
- Therefore, you should get a walk-in shower if…You have a large bathroom with lots of space
- You or someone you live with has accessibility problemsYou want your shower to be highly customisable
- Or, you should get a step-in shower if…You have a small bathroom
You want to contain water damage and mess
- You’re on a budget
- Ready to get started? Speak to a bathroom installation specialist today to request a quote.
- FIND A LOCAL BATHROOM FITTER
How much does a walk-in shower cost?
- On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from
and PS600.Renovating your whole bathroom? You The Shower The average step in shower installation is between PS350 and PS600.For a more accurate quote, speak to a skilled bathroom fitter today.FIND A LOCAL BATHROOM FITTER