U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly sentencing Shroyer on Tuesday in a Washington, D.C., Courtroom. HuffPost reported that Shroyer entered and remained on restricted grounds in June. Shroyer was charged with three misdemeanors in exchange for his guilty plea. He never entered the Capitol but had signed a deferred prosecutor agreement in 2019 after disrupting a congressional meeting. In the agreement, Shroyer agreed not to use “loud or abusive language or engage in any disorderly conduct or disruption at any location on the United States Capitol Grounds.” He also bragged that “probably about 100,000 people” had surrounded the Capitol.
“We literally own these streets right now,” Shroyer said on the broadcast.
Kelly sentenced several Proud Boys last week for their roles in the attack. Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, a former leader of the violent street gang, was sentenced to 22 years, the highest sentencing yet for a Capitol attacker.
During his sentencing, Shroyer told the court he bore no responsibility for the violence the day of the attempted insurrection.
“I was not a part of any larger plan for illegal activity or violence that day,” he said.