Homeowners in the UK have had to reduce their home improvement budgets for 2023 due to sky-high costs. With costs rising sky-high, homeowners across the UK have had to reduce their home improvement budgets for 2023.
However, we don’t think this should stop you making purse-friendly, smaller decor updates that can still give your home a luxury feel. It’s not necessary to spend a fortune to achieve your dream aesthetic. Why not join them? We’re going to show you that decorating on a tight budget is possible. Paint is an inexpensive way to update a room. It’s easy to DIY a fresh coat of paint, and it is also incredibly versatile! Let the personality of your home shine through…
We suggest an accent wall, a wall that is prominent and creates a focal. You can save money by adding a splash of colour to one wall. This will also add visual interest and depth. Accent walls usually require less than three litres of colour, bringing the total cost to about PS20.
. When it comes to choosing paint, use an online tool to determine how much you will need. You will avoid spending too much. Consider a repaint program that offers unused paint at as low as PS2 per litre. Pick a color and grab a paintbrush to get started…Or do you want someone else to paint the accent wall for your? Find a painter and decorator to help you today.
FIND PAINTER AND DECORATOR
2. Part updates
According to our 2023 Trends Report, 1 in 4 homeowners are planning ‘part updates’ this year in order to help them cut back on costs and prevent waste.
This includes smaller renovations like replacing your kitchen cabinet doors rather than the whole cabinets. It will give your kitchen an upgrade, without being too expensive. You’ll be surprised at the difference. You’ll be surprised to see how much of a difference it makes.
You could also update:
Tiles are generally more expensive, and will potentially need a tradesperson to install them (unless you’re a confident DIYer). If you don’t find bargains, this will increase your overall costs.
If you don’t have the budget to buy new hardware, a more cost-effective option is to spray paint your existing hardware to a matte black finish. This will only cost around PS18.10010103. Reuse and refurbish
- Buying brand new furniture is expensive. Often, we get rid of old furniture or avoid buying it second-hand because we want our home to look new, not outdated.
- However, reupholstering, repairing and updating old or second-hand furniture can truly add character to your home whilst giving you fun new projects to work on. There are many options, such as spray painting your chairs or using slipcovers to disguise an older sofa.
- Besides reusing your existing furniture, you can also look for second-hand home decor or vintage items to purchase new furniture. Second-hand furniture is often of higher quality than what you can afford to buy brand new. You can also refurbish something that is a bit worn out.
- Why not paint your kitchen cabinets with satin or semi-gloss? Check out car boot sales and auctions. Also, check out charity shops and online marketplaces. Declutter
- Apart from buying and repurposing old items that ruin your home’s appearance, you can also get rid of damaged or outdated pieces. Sell it to make some money to use on your next project. You can replace worn furniture and fixtures by purchasing discounted or used bargains. A local handyperson can help you get everything just right.
FIND A LOCAL HANDYPERSON
5. Rethink your space
Focusing on the layout of your home’s interior design can really help you make the most of your space, and at zero additional cost.
Often, we get tired of our home’s decor, not realising that moving things around acts as an instant refresh, making your home seem brand new without having to spend any money. Move living room furniture into a bedroom or rotate the decor on your bookshelf to your coffee table to prevent your much-loved pieces from turning static.
Sometimes, you have to move things around to be able to visualise a space in new ways, so have a go at starting fresh with the items you already own. Budget decorating is much easier than you think. Follow the tips in this blog and you will be on your way. If you are not confident about completing a project yourself, hire a professional. You will save money by avoiding expensive repairs. Do it once, and do it right!